Who are we?
A subsidiary of United Kingdom Lubricants Association Ltd, VLS is a membership organisation, funded by its members and by the case charge levied in connection with each case raised.
Membership is open to any lubricants manufacturer, marketer or associated user or seller who operates within the UK lubricants marketplace.
The operation and governance of the company is fulfilled by a Board & Supervisory Committee, Secretariat and Technical Review Panel.
Board & Supervisory Committee
VLS is controlled and operated by a Board and Supervisory Committee, members of which are drawn from senior experienced representatives from Associate and Affiliate members. It is there to oversee and review key decisions and referrals and is made up of a majority of UKLA board members.
(No member shall have more than one representative on the board).
The function of the Secretariat is to:
- Be the entry point for all complaints raised concerning non compliant products
- Ensure anonymity of all information relating to each case
- Engage with all parties involved in each case, providing answers to queries raised by the Technical Review Panel and the Supervisory Committee
The Technical Review Panel
The Technical Review Panel’s function is to:
- Receive and assess complaints raised concerning non-compliant products and decide on the course of action to be followed regarding testing and/or research on a case by case basis.
- Review the results of the above testing and/or research and decide on the recommended course of action to put to the Supervisory Committee.
- To review VLS’s methodologies and procedures from time to time as required and make adjustments in the light of new technology, test procedures, specifications and legislation.
The Technical Review Panel will be made up of suitably qualified technical representatives from all areas of the industry, approved by the Supervisory Committee.